Your QuickBooks account is protected by a password so as to prevent any unauthorized access to your company file. There are two types of QuickBooks password; an admin password and a user password. This article will give you a general idea of the steps you need to follow in case you lost or forgot your QuickBooks password. Keep in mind that the steps mentioned below are meant of Windows users. If you use QuickBooks on Mac, you can call the customer care number and speak to a trained professional to find you how to reset QuickBooks password for Mac.
When you are resetting a lost admin password on QuickBooks, you will need to verify some additional information. You can follow the steps given below and recover a lost QuickBooks admin password:
- Step:1 Open QuickBooks Desktop on your computer.
- Step:2 Go to the login window and click the ‘I forgot my password’ link.
- Step:3 Enter your license number for your version of QuickBooks Desktop
- Step:4 You can press F2 in the login window to check the license number.
- Step:5 Enter your personal details, including name and email address
- Step:6 You should also enter your phone number and ZIP code.
- Step:7 Make sure the details match the data you provided when you originally purchased the QuickBooks software.
Once QuickBooks verifies the data you entered, you will receive a security code via your primary email address. You can enter the security code in QuickBooks and simply follow the prompts to create a new admin password for your account.
Once you know your admin password, you do not have to worry even if you forget the password for a specific user. You can follow the steps give below to reset a lost user password in QuickBooks:
- Step:1 Open QuickBooks Desktop and log in as the admin user.
- Step:2 Open the ‘Company’ menu and select ‘Set Up Users and Passwords.’
- Step:3 Click on the ‘Set Up User’ option and enter your admin password
- Step:4 Search the ‘User List’ and locate the user that you need to change.
- Step:5 Select the ‘Edit User’ option and enter a new QuickBooks password
- Step:6 Review the changes you made and click ‘Next,’ then click ‘Finish.’
If you have any trouble completing the steps mentioned above, or if you have any questions about the QuickBooks password recovery process, you can call the QuickBooks customer support number and ask for additional technical assistance. A team of trained QuickBooks software experts is available round the clock to help you resolve any error you may come across so that you can complete the reset QuickBooks password process without any difficulty.